Top Accessible Vacation Spots
Looking for something exciting and fun to do for the summer? There are 32 vacation spots that might fit your needs. It is always nice to take a vacation and enjoy every part of it. There are a lot of beaches, theme parks, historic places, Nature places, different museums, and specialized tours/programs for disabled people. The most famous theme park is Disney Land and Disney World for those with special needs, according to the Friendship Circle article. Here are many vacation spots to travel to during the summer!
- Hanauma Beach in Honolulu, HI- This beach in Hawaii with loan out their wheelchairs for the beach for free to visitors that is physically impaired.
- Kailua Beach in Honolulu, HI- Offers beach wheelchairs
- Ludington State Park in Michigan- Accessible board walk, beach wheelchairs, and beach houses
- Rehoboth Beach in Delaware- Board walk and beach wheelchairs
Tours and Programs:
- Africa Safaris located in South Africa- wheelchair accessible tours for groups or people with mobility disabilities, vision impairments, and hearing impairments. Also with the tour, sign language is available to those who need it.
- Disabled Adventure Outfitters located on the Trinity River- Rafting and Kayaking camps
- National Sports Center located in Winter Park, CO- Adapted sports and programs for all ages and disabilities
- Morgan’s Wonderland located in San Antonio, TX- Only theme park throughout the whole world where every single ride is completely accessible for those with a disability
- Rocky Mountain National Park located near Estes Park, CO- Accessible trails, boardwalks, campsites, and public buildings.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park located in Grand Rapids, MI- Fully accessible
- The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village located in Dearborn, MI- American history museum that is fully accessible
Get out and explore some of these nice places! You’ll have a lot of fun and enjoy your vacation.
For more information please visit this website:
Whether you’re new to this or you’ve been practicing for a while, we’re willing to give you the benefit of our 100 combined years of experience helping handicap and disabled folks the independence they deserve.
Call now to speak to a Mobility consultant.